Hill (N.H.: Town)
Originally granted as New Chester in 1753, the town took the name Hill in 1837 in honor of Isaac Hill, governor of New Hampshire from 1836 to 1839. To accommodate the construction of the Franklin Falls Dam, the village of Hill was relocated in 1941.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview Hill, New Hampshire. The collection contains financial records (including rate-books, treasurer's records, etc.), materials relating to boundaries, personal financial papers of townspeople and correspondence.