Mascoma Mining Company (1881-1886)
The Mascoma Mining Company was founded in 1881, after a vein of copper was discovered on the King's Highway on Farnham Hill in Lebanon, New Hampshire. The company began working the mine in 1882, and for a time copper, gold and silver were removed. However, the mine proved to be unprofitable and was shut down in 1886. Some of the early shareholders of the company were L.W. Cram, George H. Emery and Sylvester Marsh, the engineer who designed and built the Mount Washington Cog Railway.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Mascoma Mining Company (1881-1886). The collection consists of records of the company.