Hartland, Vermont (1761-)
Hartland was actually chartered under the name of Hertford on July 10, 1761 by Governor Bennington Wentworth of New Hampshire. On June 15, 1782 the town name was changed to Waterford but two days later the name was changed to Hartland. The town of Hartland has three villages called Hartland Three Corners, Hartland Four Corners and North Hartland. The first town meeting took place on March 11, 1767.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview Hartland, Vermont (chartered 1761). The collection contains genealogical, geological, and historical correspondence, town charter and reports, court records, deeds, census, articles, historical data, and topographical maps, collected by Hamilton Vaughn Bail, documenting the history of Hartland, Vt. (formerly Hertford).