Exeter, N.H. Selectmen
One of the four original townships in the province, Exeter originally included Newmarket, Newfields, Brentwood, Epping and Fremont. On July 4, 1639, 35 freemen of Exeter signed the Exeter Combination, a document written by Reverend Wheelwright to establish their own government.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: Mss 670230
Scope and Contents Extract from the records of the town of Exeter relating to grants of land to the inhabitants out of the grant given to the town by Thomas Wiggin. The extract is attested to as a true copy.
Identifier: Mss 700154
Scope and Contents Document granting Kinsley Hall the right to keep a public house in Exeter, New Hampshire.
Identifier: Mss 707353
Scope and Contents Grant permitting the keepin of a public house in Exeter, New Hampshire.