Blodget Canal Company
Construction on the canal was started in 1798 and after many difficulties, both financial and environmental, it was completed in 1807. It was comprised of 9 locks along the Merrimack River. The canal expanded trade between New Hampshire and Massachusetts and also grow to provide power for many of the mills along the river.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Letter from the Blodget Canal Company of [Amoskeig Falls, N.H.] to Samuel Blodget, Junior, of Philadelphia with a certificate for one share of stock in Blodget Canal Company, Amoskeig Falls, N.H.