Dartmouth National Bank
The Dartmouth National Bank was founded in 1865 by the trustees of the Dartmouth Savings Bank which had been established in 1860. Daniel Blaisdell, then the treasurer of Dartmouth College and president of the Dartmouth Savings Bank, was first president. The presidencies of the two banks were shared through 1899, and from 1870 until 1914, both occupied a building on North Main Streets, now the site of Robinson Hall. In 1914, the banks moved into new shared quarters on the corner of South Main and Lebanon Street. In 1976, Dartmouth National Bank moved to another building on the corner of South Main and West South Streets. In 1986, Dartmouth National Bank, then a division of Indian Head Bank, was acquired by Fleet Bank.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Records include letter books, cashbooks, daybooks, ledgers, registers and other volumes documenting the operations of the Dartmouth National Bank concerning various accounts, trust funds, investments and mortgages. Also includes corporate income tax returns and condition reports to the U.S. Treasury Department. Notably absent from the records are the charter, and minutes of the directors' meetings.