Skip to main content Skip to search results

New Hampshire. Justice of the Peace (Grafton County)

 

Grafton was one of the five counties originally identified for New Hampshire in 1769. It was named for Augustus FitzRoy, 3rd Duke of Grafton, who had been a supporter of American causes in Parliament, and who was serving as British Prime Minister at the time. The county was organized at Woodsville in 1771, and originally included the entire northern frontier of New Hampshire, including several towns now in Vermont. In 1803, the northern area was removed for the formation of Coos County.

Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:

Grafton County, N.H. Justice of the Peace letter

Mss 794462
 Collection
Identifier: Mss 794462
Scope and Contents Two page letter from Grafton County, N.H. Justice of the Peace of Hanover, N.H. to Grafton County, N.H. Sheriff with execution for 7/6 obtained by Frederick Weiser against Augustus St. Pol. Endorsed by Samuel Bingham, deputy-sheriff, Sept. 9, 1794, that he has committed St. Pol. to gaol.

Grafton County, N.H. Justice of the Peace letter

Mss 785257
 Collection
Identifier: Mss 785257
Overview In English.

Grafton County, N.H. Justice of the peace letter

Mss 785256
 Collection
Identifier: Mss 785256
Overview In English.

Grafton County, N.H. Justice of the peace letter

Mss 786424
 Collection
Identifier: Mss 786424
Overview In English.

Grafton County, N.H. Justice of the peace letter

Mss 788620
 Collection
Identifier: Mss 788620
Overview In English.

Justice of Peace of Grafton County records

MS-399
 Collection
Identifier: MS-399
Overview Justice of Peace, Grafton County. The collection contains bound and unbound records of the office.