Hampstead (N.H.: Town)
Hampstead, New Hampshire was once part of Haverhill and Amesbury, Massachusetts and was settled in 1649. The town was formed as a result of the 1739 decision fixing the boundary line between Massachusetts and New Hampshire. It was originally known as "Timberlane Parish" because of the heavy growth of native trees. The town would be incorporated in 1749 by Colonial Governor Benning Wentworth, who renamed it after Hampstead, England.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview Hampstead, New Hampshire. The collection contains official records of the town, including selectmen, tax, and jury records. Includes records of the Hampstead division, no. 19, of the Grand Division of New Hampshire of the Sons of Temperance of North America.