Cornish (N.H. : Town). School District
The Cornish School's beginnings date to 1829 when Daniel and Anna Ford offered a room for the enterprise and Anna Ford began as its first teacher. In 1830, Joseph Chase Jr. provided land for the location of a school building that was eventually built. In 1840, a crisis arose over that location when it was found to have been built on land that was legally owned by John Fitch. The matter was resolved, however, when the property was leased from Fitch in 1850.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Overview Financial and other business rocords for the Cornish, NH school district from 1829 to 1868. The records are in a bound volume. Loose documents, including bills and invoices date from 1866 to 1879.