Return of Selectmen on the relayout of Rope Ferry Road (carbon copy), 1906-12-28
The collection contains correspondence, agreements, By-Laws and other governing documents, as well as stock certificates, bills, receipts and a deed, related to the establishment of Pine Park in Hanover.
Pine Park was created to prevent the Diamond Match company from buying the pine forest on the northwest side of the village of Hanover in 1900. The only way to insure the preservation of the land was to buy the over 45 acres land for $4,000. Most of the money was raised by seventeen subscribers including Edward Tuck, James F. Colby, Perley R. Bugbee, Charles P. Chase, John K. Lord, Charles F. Richardson and H.T. Howe.
- Other: 1906-12-28
Conditions Governing Access
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Part of the Rauner Library Archives and Manuscripts Repository
6065 Webster Hall
Hanover NH 03755 USA