Three-page letter from Daniel Webster to Ezekiel Webster informing him that he is sending Monroe's letter and Gile's Bill. The Bnk Bill has passed the House. Writer hears that the British are near New Orleans. West would make an excellent governor. The taxes are passed but are so great, writer doubts they can be collected. Mr. King is poipular because he moved the postponement of Giles' Bill. Mr. Gore has made a great speech.
Three-page letter from Daniel Webster in Washington, DC to Ezekiel Webster, telling him that all taxes have been passed except the land tax. The Senate has voted against Giles' Militia Draft Bill. The federal government can not protect the people. They must look to the states.
Sort results by
Search within these results
- Webster, Ezekiel, 1780-1829 204
- Haven, Nathaniel Appleton, 1762-1831 1
- Swett, Hannah (Webster), 1799-1862 1
- Swett, John Darling, b. 1801 1
- Thacher, Peter 1
- Webster, Ebenezer, 1739-1806 1 less
- Related Author
- Webster, Grace (Fletcher), 1781-1828 2
- Bartlett, Ichabod, 1786-1853 1
- Chamberlain, Elijah 1
- Fifield, Joshua, 1776-1840 1
- Haddock, Abigail (Webster), Mrs., 1778-1805 1