Identifier: Mss 811478.1
Scope and Contents Letter from Benjamin Darling in Hanover, New Hampshire to President and Trustees of Dartmouth College with a petition for abatement of College bill which were billed to him during the time he was not a member of the College.
Identifier: Mss 788106
Overview Wheelock forwards by Mr. Mac Gregory a number of charts of the state, which Sheaffre will sell to benefit the seminary.
Identifier: Mss 814581
Overview Holograph letter, signed, from the president of Dartmouth College to the lieutenant governor of Vermont, written on the eve of the Hartford Convention. Wheelock opposes involvement in the war, expressing disdain for the president and congress, and hopes that Vermont will join with other northern states in opposition. He also accepts Chamberlin's son, William, into the class of 1818 and reluctantly approves both sons' absence during the term.
Identifier: Mss 780900.1
Scope and Contents Laws and rules to be observed by the students of Dartmouth College.
Identifier: Mss 811406
Scope and Contents Two-page letter from Ebenezer Fitch of Williamstown, Massachusetts to John Wheelock in Hanover, New Hamsphire informing him that since Mr. Alva Hyde is being considered for a position at Williams College, the honor of a degree should come from Dartmouth. Dr. West is also mentioned.
Identifier: Mss 781477
Scope and Contents Personal letter between Brainerd (class of 1785) of Cornish and Wheelock.
Identifier: Mss 781274
Scope and Contents Letter from Ezra Stiles of Yale College to John Wheelock thanking him for conferring the degree of D.D. upon him. Also sends copy of a letter he wrote to Wheelock on January 12.
Identifier: Mss 791580
Scope and Contents A personal letter from Ira Allen of Hartland to J. Wheelock.
Identifier: Mss 792551
Scope and Contents Four page letter from J. Wheelock to John Rogiers he and Mrs. Wheelock have just been on a visit to Beverwyck. Warner Rogier (D.C.1793) doing very well. Business matters.
Identifier: Mss 794227.1
Scope and Contents Memorial of J. Wheelock of Philadelphia to Congress asking that his salary as Lieut. Col. from 15 Nov. 1777 to 20 June 1779 be paid. "The above memorial was not offered to Congress, - the state of national affairs not admitting..."
- Related Author: Wheelock, John , 1754-1817 X
Search within these results
- Morse, Jedidiah, 1754-1826 5
- Dartmouth College. Trustees 4
- Freeman, Jonathan, 1745-1808 4
- Huntington, Benjamin, 1736-1800 3
- Gates, Horatio, 1728-1806 2
- Ripley, John Phillips, 1775-1816 2
- Rogiers, Johannes 2
- Willard, John, 1806-1847 2
- Allen, Ira B. 1
- Allen, William, 1784-1868 1
- Barrows, William, 1784-1821 1
- Belknap, Jeremy, 1744-1798 1
- Brainerd, Elijah 1
- Brewster, Ebenezer, 1740-1814 1
- Converse, Joshua, 1786-1833 1
- Darling, Benjamin, 1788-1824 1
- DeWint, John 1
- Dodge, Joshua, 1779-1861 1
- Eastman, Luke, 1790-1847 1
- Fitch, Ebenezer, 1756-1833 1
- Forward, Justus 1
- Frisbie, Levi, 1748-1806 1
- Hutchinson, Aaron, 1754-1843 1
- Kirkland, John Thornton, 1770-1840 1
- Kirkland, Samuel, 1741-1808 1
- Longfellow, Edward, 1758-1894 1
- Lord Dartmouth 1
- McClure, David, 1748-1820 1
- Moor’s Indian Charity School 1
- New Hampshire Legislature 1
- Nott, Samuel 1
- Nutting, William, 1779-1863 1
- Ordway, John 1
- Patten, Ruth 1
- Patten, William, 1763-1839 1
- Peabody, Nathaniel, 1741-1823 1
- Phillips, John, 1719-1795 1
- Rogiers, John 1
- Rogiers, Warner 1
- Simcoe, John Graves, 1752-1806 1
- Stiles, Ezra, 1727-1795 1
- Tappan, Weare 1
- Thompson, Thomas W., 1766-1820 1
- Williams, Henry Jonathan, 1791-1879 1 less